The fast path to SaaS company
Rollbase Launches version 2.5 of its Platform with 12 New Features Requested by ISVsComplete Set of Dashboard Gauge Components, Hosted Code, AJAX and server-side SQL Query APIs, UTF-8 support, Import from MS Access, Powerful New Trigger Capabilities, Enhanced Formulas Engine, and More
SARATOGA, Calif., January 24, 2010 -- Rollbase, Inc., an innovator in cloud application and platform as a service (PaaS) technology allowing the rapid design, development and deployment of on-demand business applications, announced its latest 2.5 release now available to all customers and partners. The 2.5 release provides significant functional additions and enhancements requested by Rollbase's growing base of ISV resellers.
"With Rollbase 2.5 we have delivered significant new dashboarding capabilities via a new set of gauge components, introduced powerful new SQL Query APIs for both client and server-side usage, further improved the capabilities of formulas and triggers, enabled accessibilty to a broader global audience through UTF8 support, and much more. All of the new features and enhancements in 2.5 are the result of direct feedback from our successful customers and resellers who are helping us raise the bar on what Platform-as-a-Service can deliver out of the box," said Matt Robinson, co-founder and CEO of Rollbase.
The following is a summary of major new features and enhancements delivered in 2.5:
- SQL Query API (AJAX and Server-side): A new SQL Query API allows both client-side (Script and Template components, page layouts, and field event-handling code) as well as server-side (formulas, conditions, validations, reports, etc) to perform SQL queries to retrieve specific data necessary for the task at hand.
- UTF-8 Support: Now ISVs can market and sell apps to a broader global audience with full Unicode support for languages such as Korean, Japanese, etc.
- Import from Microsoft Access: Given an existing MS Access database, Rollbase can now walk the user through uploading that database and converting it into a working Rollbase application through an intuitive wizard.
- New "Validation" Trigger Type: A new trigger type called "Validate Record Data" allows developers to specify a condition or set of conditions which must be met for the trigger to run. If the overall condition is not met a customizable error message will be displayed to users.
- New Trigger Timing Options: Rollbase now allows triggers to be invoked both before and after record create, update and delete events.
- Enhanced Trigger Condition Capabilities: New merge field tokens in formula conditions allow developers to access field values from both before and after create and update commits, allowing powerful "before and after" comparisons for all types of triggers.
- Find Duplicates: A new duplicate search feature is available allowing users to quickly identify potential duplicates and then use the Merge feature to eliminate duplicate data.
- New "Queue" Object Attribute: A new Object definition attribute called "Queue" has been added enabling developers to quickly add typical queuing capabilities to objects such as is found in CRM and other applications for managing Cases, Leads, etc.
- Inline Field Editing: Now many fields allow quick one-click editing from a record's view page, eliminating the user's need to go back to the edit page of a record to make quick changes.
Version 2.5 is immediately available to all on-demand and enterprise Rollbase customers. For more information contact Rollbase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rollbase is a cloud platform for development and delivery of software as a service (SaaS) business applications using point and click, drag and drop tools within a standard Web browser. Rollbase brings the power of rapid application development to business users, IT professionals, and Web developers who may not have the time, resources or expertise to create on-demand applications using traditional software development methods. As a state of the art Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Cloud Application Platform, Rollbase enables businesses to focus on application innovation rather than the software and hardware infrastructure behind it. Rollbase provides ISVs and resellers with a robust white label program making it easy to deploy applications under any brand or identity. The Rollbase platform requires only a browser and an Internet connection. Rollbase is also available as a licensed product. Founded in August 2007, Rollbase is privately held and funded by angel investors. For more information please visit http://www.rollbase.com.
SOURCE: Rollbase, Inc.