The fast path to SaaS company
Rollbase Platform as a Service: Now on iPhone and AndroidNew Mobile Interface Delivers Custom Cloud Business Applications to Smart Phones
SARATOGA, CA, February 14, 2010 -- Rollbase, Inc., an innovator in cloud application and platform as a service (PaaS) technology allowing the rapid design, development and deployment of on-demand business applications, today announced new mobile capabilities to automatically bring custom cloud business applications built on the Rollbase Platform as a Service to smart phones. iPhone and Android friendly interfaces are available now, with iPad support planned soon.
Rollbase has delivered new HTML5 based mobile capabilities to all customers in its latest update, extending applications built on its platform as a service to mobile devices:
- All existing and future Rollbase applications can now be mobile-enabled.
- Application developers can specify which applications should be mobile-accessible, and which objects in those applications should be exposed to mobile users.
- Users can login, browse and view details of records in any custom cloud application, as well as view attachments, send email and phone calls directly from the app.
- Users can also search for records of any type in their account.
- Rollbase mobile-enabled applications include password and role-based security with time-out and sign-out preferences to align with customers' security requirements.
- Rollbase mobile solutions are included in the latest Rollbase update and all customers on the Hosted Service already have full access to these features. Private Cloud customers automatically get them by upgrading to the latest binaries.
Rollbase's mobile solutions are built with a platform-independent core as part of the Rollbase service itself. As Rollbase continues to update its mobile capabilities, all devices will be able to take advantage of the same improvements.
- iPhone and Android are now fully supported via HTML5.
- An enhanced user experience for iPad is planned for the first half of 2012.
- This interface enables mobile devices to take advantage of Rollbase's rapid delivery of enterprise functionality.
"Workers today expect anywhere, anytime access to their business apps, and mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android deliver an environment for business applications that are easy to use," said Matt Robinson, co-founder and CEO of Rollbase. "Rollbase's new mobile capabilities leverage our modern platform as a service architecture, so our customers can deliver custom cloud business applications and functionality quickly and seamlessly, across a broad range of mobile environments, while maintaining the Rollbase user experience they expect."
Rollbase Mobile is part of the company's latest updates, available today. Rollbase Mobile makes any custom application built on the Rollbase cloud computing platform as a service automatically accessible via iPhone and Android devices. Users can login, select an application. browse and view details of records, as well as view attachments, send email and make phone calls directly from the app.
Rollbase Mobile is available now and can be accessed from any iPhone or Android by visiting the Rollbase login page at www.rollbase.com/login.
For more information on Rollbase Mobile see:
Tweet this: @Rollbase launches Mobile interface to delivers custom cloud business applications to smart phones
Follow Rollbase on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/rollbase
Rollbase is a cloud platform for development and delivery of software as a service (SaaS) business applications using point and click, drag and drop tools within a standard Web browser. Rollbase delivers on the promise of rapid application development, making app creation 5x faster than traditional methods with a typical clicks to code ratio of 80% to 20%. As a state of the art Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Rollbase enables businesses to focus on application innovation rather than the software and hardware infrastructure behind it. Rollbase is offered as both a hosted service (Rollbase Hosted Cloud) and as a licensed platform (Rollbase Private Cloud). Rollbase provides ISVs and resellers with a robust white label program making it easy to deploy applications under any brand or identity. The Rollbase platform requires only a browser and an Internet connection. Founded in August 2007, Rollbase is a privately held and profitable organization.
For more information please visit http://www.rollbase.com.