Please observe the following rules and regulations as authorized by Ordinance No. 04-02 when using Springettsbury Township Parks
It is expected that all users of Township facilities will conduct themselves and their activities in such a way as will not obstruct or interfere with the use and enjoyment of the facilities by others. Respect for, courtesy to, and cooperation with other users is expected, and any failure to demonstrate these qualities may result in denial of use of the facilities.
Springettsbury Township Parks will be subject to the following rules and regulations:
- Springettsbury Township Park will open at 7 a.m. and close at 11p.m. All other parks will operate from dawn to dusk. There shall be no trespassing on park property during non-operating hours.
- The amphitheatre at the Springettsbury Township Park shall be a smoke free environment at all times.
- The Township Manager, the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, the Chief of Police or the Director of Parks and Recreation may close the park(s) if hazardous conditions exist that endanger life or property. There shall be no trespassing on park property during such times.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Vandalism and negligent or deliberate destruction or removal of natural or physical property is prohibited.
- Open fires or hot charcoals shall only be permitted in Township park grills. Grills are not to be left unattended and shall be thoroughly extinguished upon departure, except for Township-sponsored events.
- Picnic tables are not to be removed from the picnic shelters.
- The solicitation, selling, or the distribution of any items or services unrelated to Township sponsored activities is prohibited.
- Posting of signs of any kind is prohibited without prior approval of the Director.
- Possession, use or distribution of alcoholic beverages and controlled substances are prohibited.
- Use of explosives or explosive devices, fireworks, sparklers, hot air-balloons, rockets, guns, remote control air planes or vehicles, firearms, air guns, bows, slingshots or any similar items for non-Park and Recreation sponsored events is prohibited.
- Injury or killing of wild or domestic animals are prohibited.
- All dogs must be currently licensed and vaccinated. Dogs shall not be permitted on any playground, sports fields or in the amphitheater area. Dogs must be leashed at all times and the leash must not be longer than six feet (6’). Limit two (2) dogs per adult. Waste must be collected immediately. Dog owners are responsible for injuries inflicted by their dog to others. Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- No hitting of golf balls.
- Use of any amplification devices and microphones is prohibited, unless the activity is sponsored by the Township.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited other than in designated parking areas, and except those expressly authorized by the Township.
- Facilities and equipment shall be used only for the purpose intended.
- Use of electrical outlets is restricted only for Township equipment or Township-sponsored events.
- Skateboarding, in-line skating and bicycling are prohibited in all picnic shelters, on the tennis courts and in the amphitheatre area including the stage, terrace seating area and designated access points.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any abusive, loud, vulgar or otherwise disorderly conduct.
- Parking areas are for park users only. All vehicles shall be parked within the designated spaces provided.
- Tents, canopies or any other similar structures are prohibited, unless used for a Township-sponsored event.
- Smoking shall be prohibited at all times on any park property.
A violation of any Park Rules and Regulations shall be a summary offense subject to the penalties set forth in Section 10 of this Ordinance.
Any person, firm, group, league or other organization violating any provision of this Ordinance shall upon conviction thereof in a summary proceeding, be subject to pay a fine of not less than $100.00 and not more than $600.00 per violation, plus costs of prosecution, and in default of payment thereof, be subject to the penalties for failure to pay a fine pursuant to the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal; Procedure. Each time that a violation occurs or each day that a violation continues shall be deemed a separate offense.